Tuesday 20 September 2011

Lillian's christening day

My daughter Lillian's  Christening Day

One of the most exciting events that I had planned and I could not wait to share it with you. Keeping in mind that christening is one of the most important moments in our religious lives to celebrate with our family and friends, I had embarked on my first task of chosing and ordering the invitations.
I had started using the google search engine and I had found a floral pattern christening invitation that I had found on a great website: zazzle.com. I had typed my details on the floral template on the 28th February 2011 and I had received the invitations on the 15th Marh 2011. So I had sufficient time to send them one month before the event.
 I was over the moon when there was a knock on the door and the post lady had finally delivered the box with the invitations.
The Christening Candle
One of the christening items symbolising purity and light was the candle. I had personalized the candle:
 
 Susan at susanspersonalized candles.com did an amazing job at attaching Lillian's photo and added the christening details.
The christening gown that I had purchased from:
 cutieclothes.com that was made in USA.

 
 and the back of the gown:
 
 Here's Lilly in her christening gown:


 She was so adorable and it was difficult to keep her still for the photo shot.
The Christening Cake
Andrea Apos @ cake-a-lishious(please check her website) has created the most beautiful christening cake with an angel on the top tier and butterflies  and golden ribbons around the cake tiers. Lillian's name was spelled out onto the marzipan cubes that were decorated with white butterflies. Thank you Andrea for creating such a master piece. You should be given an award for your work and i don't doubt that one day you will.

 The pink tier had the marble flavour and the top white tier was a strawberry flavour. The guests absolutely loved the cake. There was no cake spared.
I also created a dessert buffet for the christening party


 I have dipped some white and pink marshmallows in white chocolate put placed a lillipop stick through them and sprinkled hundreds and thousands on them. The kids absolutely loved them.
 Decorated the tables with a purple organza table runner, white napkins with light purple ribbon around them, gum seeds,and fairy sprinkles on the table.



Bouquets of white and pink flowers with pink candles for table decor.

 For the children little I managed to purchase little angels from mimosadesigns, the world's best cold porelain baby favours. The children loved them as well as the grown ups. Here is a picture..

 Both my sister Terezia and my sister-in-law Leeanne gave me a hand to put wrap some marshmellows in the organza bags and put a pink ribbon around the angels. They were a success.
 As for the older guests as a token of my appreciation for their presence and gifts i had presented them with a mini box of chocolates that had a baby bassinette laser cut design on one side of the box in lavender colour. I had placed a mini charm silver cross on the lavender ribbon and placed the ribbon around the box finishing with a bow. I had purhased the mini boxes and the charm crosses from beau-coup.com who have a wide range of favour boxes for all occasions. Check the this favour box below. Aren't they pretty?

 
Anticipating that more people are going to leave a monetary gift I had purchased a baby carriage-vintage decorated with pink ribbon with pink satin roses from mimosa designs. It was my centrepiece on the table and the guests loved it. They had placed all the christening cards in it. It was lovely. Take a look:
 
I had taken out my wedding cake knife and cake pallete and I thought that the four of us should cut the cake together.
Here are the christening cards:
 

 I've pulled out the wedding cake knife and pallete and used it to cut the christening cake together with my husband, son and daughter. I've placed a lilac ribbon around the cuttlery as well.

 I absolutely love to read birthday cards, any cards given on any occasion so i thought a guest signing book would be something that Lillian would treasure and she would read the guests wishes and words of wisdom when she would be older. I had purchased a guest signing book and I had attached a pink baby corsage on the hard cover of the book and it looked great for the christening event:

 
As table decorations I had scattered white and purple fairies onto the table and had lilltle round lilac glass bowls with mini scented candles inside and placed eucalyptus gum seeds all over the table.

 The christening event was a success celebrated with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment