Saturday 26 May 2012

A parisian affair


A parisian affair-Shania's surprise 10th birthday party


A Parisian soiree that amazed the guests upon their arrival at the Chateau Ashton. I wanted that Ooh, la la appearance so I arranged a beautiful table with the “welcome sign” and a barbie sketch by Robert nest with a lush peony flower arrangement next to the frame.

 I wanted the ranunculus, anemones and the peony flowers to resemble a Parisian gardens of the Champs-Elysees but they were out of season so I settled for a small silk violet peony bouquet.
The paperie decorations were designed by beautiful Donna @deezeedesigns.com.au who personalised the party labels for my beautiful niece. Here’s a close look up at the welcoming sign:


Cake: I worked with Mary from Amarantos Cakes in Melbourne, from the initial sketch of the cake as I wanted a pink barbie girl in a baby pink color with black lace on the front of the dress. I was amazed with the intricate detail that Mary did on the black lace on the cake. Thank you so much Mary, you’re incredible.


A vintage dresser corsage centre piece gave that paris fashion look set the scene for a very sassy and chic look. Take a look:










A princess table was set for the girls as the dessert buffet table as well that the girls loved.










The cupcakes that I had baked the night before and almost forgot to add the icing sugar to the whipped cream as my kids were chasing each other around the kitchen table. Licking the cupcake mixture from the mixing bowl was the only thing that settled them down. I had purchased a great icing wilton piping bag with the star nozzle and kept practising at decorating the spare cupcake until I got the perfect rose swirl: My son Blake and nephew loved the cupcakes:


I placed a peony silk flower on top of the white linen napkin that gave the table a glamorous and whimsical look.

The peony silk flower which are one of my favorite flowers gave a beautiful presentation to the guest table.





The parisian banner that I put together after I cut and pasted the paris labels from Donna.




Created this beautiful tulle chandelier that I placed with the birthday banner and placed a pink flower corsage on and attached two purple butterflies on it to hang. Decorated the room with two more tulle chandeliers:




A pink mini cupcake stand that looked so pretty:



the apothecary dessert jars:



Peppermint refreshing lollies were very popular and the guests grabbed a bag and took some home.


Tara at tskdesignboutique.com designed this gorgeous dessert buffet sign for the dessert table
which i had to have. My niece loved it and took it home with her:



I found these cute paris-poodle favor boxes on ebay and gave each princess received a box and filled then with butterfly hair clips which they absolutely adored.




The guest drinks were decorated with the "beau coup" french theme and the mums loved them.


 
  The guests took home a mini violet bucket with a chocolate wrapped in cellophane and the beautiful paris "merci"tags that were attached.


  































I





















No comments:

Post a Comment